Friday, January 07, 2011

A little update to give some context to the following post(s)

I am not a very committed blogger. Sometimes I think of something interesting to write about, but am not near a computer, or I’m too busy with other things to get around to it. Then when I finally do make time, I find that the original inspiration is long gone. I have a couple of unfinished, unpublished posts from way back that will probably never see the light of day, but nothing post-worthy for over a year now.
That’s not to say that nothing has happened, quite the contrary. Since the last post, there have been some fairly exciting changes in my life, not least of which was moving to France for a 9-month work placement, which is fast approaching the halfway mark. Quite apart from the lack of free time that is an unfortunate feature of gainful employment, the first three months were spent in an internet-free flat. Not the most conducive environment for blogging.
However. I have recently enjoyed reading Le Franco Phoney, by a fellow immigrant to this same corner of France, concerning her observations on French life. It’s brought my attention back to my own, neglected blog and so I plan to put a little time into occasional updates from now on, as the mood strikes me.

P.S. I just realised it’s the start of a new year in the popular Gregorian Calendar, and I haven’t made any resolutions, so this might as well be my new year’s resolution for 2011. Enough navel-gazing, on with the show!

No comments: