Thursday, September 25, 2008

Small World

In the last few days, I have added over 50 new friends on Facebook, mainly those who live with me at Brendon Court. There are more appearing every day too. Now that I "know" so many people, some very surprising links are appearing.
For example, one of the Fresher's Week crew at Brendon is acquainted with two of the people that I met while on a Year in Industry, neither of whom are currently at Bath.
This is not the only example. The Facebook Application Friend Wheel (created, incidentally, by a current student at the University of Bath), shows the relationships between all your immediate friends. From this I have learnt that someone that I met many years ago at "Chemistry Camp" happens to know someone that I later went to college with!
I find these coincidences staggering. Excuse me while I take a moment to marvel at how small the world has become...



Okay, I'm done.

You may notice that I've not posted at all on the subjects of moving to uni or Fresher's Week (which is happening around me as I write) but I'm sure I'll get round to it some time soon.

No comments: